Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Today I Learned...

...that I have a new crush. I only copped it this morning on my walk through town, when I realised I was scanning the scurrying crowds for a familiar face. I'd met a friend of a friend on the way to work yesterday and then barrelled in grinning like an eejit. I didn't associate my fine humour with my five minute conversation with yer man til this morning as he's not really my type at all, but apparently my hormones beg to differ.

Can't admit it to the mutual friend though, as I was recently making noise about one of his other mates and he already slags me for being a fickle bird. He's right, too. I'm sure by this time next week I'll have forgotten all about it.

And after a long day at a patronising conference, I also learned that academics are awful wankers. I won't dwell on that though. Off out to see Mark Geary in Whelans tonight which will hopefully be the antidote to a brain-numbing day. Hurrah!