Today's post was meant to be a philosophical musing on the nature of love, but I'm not in the mood. Or rather I am, but Cupid's being a bit of a shite at the moment so if I dwell on things I'll only end up in cat humour, and that's no good to anyone. There are more than enough blogs out there already with a glass-half-empty slant on things, and I pride myself on confining my vitriol to my tales of inconsiderate pedestrians.
(As an aside, I was cycling down the canal yesterday when I got to that bit where the cycle lane's been barricaded off and you have to play with the traffic. A challenge for an uncoordinated novice like myself, made all the more difficult by two very stupid ladies strolling along the road, apparently oblivious to vehicular traffic and terrified bicyclists. As I bore down on the first of them, a look of terror in my eyes and a Fiat Cunto at my heels, I shook my head in that I'm-more-disappointed-than-anything-else manner that is usually reserved for mothers whose children have just crayoned the walls. Immediately stupid lady no. 1 squawked "There's nowhere else for us to walk!". My retort was muffled by the traffic, the 50 yards it took me to think of it and the complete failure of my lungs to cope with the exercise. "How about the footpath?" Poor, I grant you, but I like to think she got the message.)
But yeah, back to being one of the few tentative optimists in the Irish blogosphere (I hate that word, blogosphere. So wanky...). Well, perhaps I'm not an optimist exactly, but I'm at least happier with my lot (and the general status quo) than a lot of the other head-the-balls out there who favour us with their insights into life and all the rest of it on a regular basis. I hate to think of them angrily crouched over their desks, hammering the shite out of the keyboard with spittle flying from their lips as they rail furiously against the world and all its injustices. Makes me want to give them a hug, and maybe buy them a pint.
(As an aside, I was cycling down the canal yesterday when I got to that bit where the cycle lane's been barricaded off and you have to play with the traffic. A challenge for an uncoordinated novice like myself, made all the more difficult by two very stupid ladies strolling along the road, apparently oblivious to vehicular traffic and terrified bicyclists. As I bore down on the first of them, a look of terror in my eyes and a Fiat Cunto at my heels, I shook my head in that I'm-more-disappointed-than-anything-else manner that is usually reserved for mothers whose children have just crayoned the walls. Immediately stupid lady no. 1 squawked "There's nowhere else for us to walk!". My retort was muffled by the traffic, the 50 yards it took me to think of it and the complete failure of my lungs to cope with the exercise. "How about the footpath?" Poor, I grant you, but I like to think she got the message.)
But yeah, back to being one of the few tentative optimists in the Irish blogosphere (I hate that word, blogosphere. So wanky...). Well, perhaps I'm not an optimist exactly, but I'm at least happier with my lot (and the general status quo) than a lot of the other head-the-balls out there who favour us with their insights into life and all the rest of it on a regular basis. I hate to think of them angrily crouched over their desks, hammering the shite out of the keyboard with spittle flying from their lips as they rail furiously against the world and all its injustices. Makes me want to give them a hug, and maybe buy them a pint.