It's that time of year again, folks. The evenings are beginning to draw in, there's conkers* on the trees and the kiddies (and their teachers) are readying themselves for another year of school. I, on the other hand, am off to the Electric Picnic. And I can't fucking wait.
It has its critics (like this grumpy fucker, but then, he criticises everything...) and yes, some of it is warranted. The on-site offy is ludicrously overpriced. There's a fair to middling chance that it'll piss rain (though the same grumpy fucker, for all his glowing recommendations of festivals abroad, bore witness to this at Roskilde this year) but hey, that suits my complexion. The lineup is great, my tent is massive, I'll be in the best of company and the best of humour. There's no part of it that I'm not looking forward to, apart from the journey home on Monday.
In other news, I've been asked to do a screen test to be the new presenter of Pop4. I'm horrified. I'm flattered. I'm very, very scared. I'll do the audition for the laugh, but I don't think you'll be seeing me on the tellybox any time soon. I really would have to start dressing nice once in a while then.
*Horse Chestnuts
It has its critics (like this grumpy fucker, but then, he criticises everything...) and yes, some of it is warranted. The on-site offy is ludicrously overpriced. There's a fair to middling chance that it'll piss rain (though the same grumpy fucker, for all his glowing recommendations of festivals abroad, bore witness to this at Roskilde this year) but hey, that suits my complexion. The lineup is great, my tent is massive, I'll be in the best of company and the best of humour. There's no part of it that I'm not looking forward to, apart from the journey home on Monday.
In other news, I've been asked to do a screen test to be the new presenter of Pop4. I'm horrified. I'm flattered. I'm very, very scared. I'll do the audition for the laugh, but I don't think you'll be seeing me on the tellybox any time soon. I really would have to start dressing nice once in a while then.
*Horse Chestnuts