Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No Laughing Matter - Update

I sent a mail to the folks at the Laughter Lounge politely expressing my disappointment at Monday evening's fiasco and in fairness to them they've replied with a prompt and sincere apology. I feel mildly uncomfortable now as I have to call them with my details so that they can issue me a refund and send me some vouchers (I asked for neither but they've generously offered both). It's not that I think they'll be mean to me, or that I've complained when I shouldn't have, it's just that I hate to think of myself as someone who complains at all. Like most people I know, I'd much rather bury my head in the sand than face any kind of confrontation, no matter how civilised. But I'm a grown-up now (legally, at least) so if I'm going to complain about them I may as well do it in an adult fashion and not just slate them on my blog.

I blame Irish mammies and their war cry: "You'll eat it, and you'll like it."