Friday, November 09, 2007

Dilemma Resolved(ish)

With regard to my previous dilemma (oh, how petty are my troubles!); my notion of sending That One a text has just been put into sharp perspective. I've just gotten a text myself, not from him but from a German guy that I finished things with some 6 months ago. The affair was very short lived but unfortunately I made a big impression on him. He thought I was the bee's knees. I thought he was deathly boring. It took endless subtle hints and three very frank conversations to get the message across. To reinforce my point, I vetoed the friends idea, lest it turn into unrequited lust on his part and exhausted patience on mine.

By the way, I realise how conceited this makes me sound. Rest assured, I'm not. I have a bad habit of kissing anything that flatters me and unfortunately in this case I let flattery get in the way of my better judgement, and then failed miserably to extricate myself with grace. C'est la vie. Lesson learned, and all that.

Anyway, I just got a text from the German. Innocuous, friendly, completely out of the fucking blue, just like the one I was planning on sending That One. And as soon as I read it I thought (uncharitably, but I don't think you expect much more of me!) oh, fuck off.

I'd be gutted to think that That One's reaction would be the same to me. So I'm off home to not think about it.