I had Christmas dinner with the flatmates last night, in the Millstone on Dame St. Lovely place, nice food, delicious French waiter. I also had a bottle of wine with dinner and yet again let something slip that I really shouldn't have.
The Leitrim Lady was warning the Swede that there'd be trouble if he hadn't gotten us another Dublin Fire Brigade calendar this year, as she has a bit of a thing for firemen. "Nah, firemen don't really do it for me" I prattled, rolling like a steam train into the rest of the sentence while my inner voice screamed for me to shut the fuck up, as she knows from past experience what to expect. "There is one profession I've always had a thing for, but it's a bit weird..." As soon as I had that much said, I knew I'd regret it. I declined to say any more so they started guessing, loudly, waiting to see me turn pink. They guessed it and I'm not sure whose face was more of a picture, the Leitrim Lady's or mine.
They know too much.
The Leitrim Lady was warning the Swede that there'd be trouble if he hadn't gotten us another Dublin Fire Brigade calendar this year, as she has a bit of a thing for firemen. "Nah, firemen don't really do it for me" I prattled, rolling like a steam train into the rest of the sentence while my inner voice screamed for me to shut the fuck up, as she knows from past experience what to expect. "There is one profession I've always had a thing for, but it's a bit weird..." As soon as I had that much said, I knew I'd regret it. I declined to say any more so they started guessing, loudly, waiting to see me turn pink. They guessed it and I'm not sure whose face was more of a picture, the Leitrim Lady's or mine.
They know too much.