My introduction to blogging came in the form of Twenty Major, my inspiration to actually start my own blog came from reading Annie's one. I found Twenty's completely by accident when I was googling something else and through his links discovered so many others, some good, some bad, some ugly and some slices of fried gold. Incidentally - to the person who found my blog this morning by googling orange palms and hands that smell funny upon wakening, I hope you're okay...
Annie's blog was where I first read about the awards. I got a little excited. All of my new heroes in the one room! And the most popular ones win prizes! (well, the Irish ones anyway... about half of the blogs I read are written by dirty foreigners, and about a quarter by Irish expats). Once I started blogging myself though I realised what a challenge it would be to win at the 2008 awards; world domination is not easily achieved when nobody reads your ramblings. And blogging is not like Facebook or Bebo or MySpazz where you can simply ask people to be your friend - with a blog you have to quietly impress them with your witty genius and hope that they come back / bookmark your page / comment on your posts / add you to their links / write your obituary / proposition you with a dirty weekend. But I have persevered and it has paid off, you folks keep reading and your comments encourage me to keep writing.
If your feeling generous though, I could do with a little more encouragement...