Monday, March 31, 2008

3 Haircuts, 1 Weekend

#1
Saturday afternoon in my bedroom, with the kitchen scissors. Not a raging success. It's more difficult than I imagined to cut your own hair.

#2
In the sitting room where the Leitrim Lady tried to repair the damage done by yours truly. A marginally more successful failure, but a much more stressful one (she being less snip-happy than myself). A smaller scissors is apparently key to the operation, as is a steady hand. And a comb, if you want to be fancy and have an even fringe.

#3
In my aunt's kitchen, after a host of concerned aunties have "admired" my Mary Quant look and asked me in front of my by now very embarrassed mother if I had, in fact, cut it myself. "It doesn't look that crooked til you look at your eyebrows" offers my sister, helpfully. Mam fixes it, I blame the entire mess on the Leitrim Lady, nobody buys it.