Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Australia Will Be Full Of Disappointed Hunks

Confidence waned this morning and I wrote a Dear John of my own to the nice folk who wanted to send me off to Australia. I was due in there at 9.20am to do a screen test - a 10 minute pitch to camera about how wonderful I am and why I would make an excellent candidate for their televised adventure (they really liked the answers I submitted on their ridiculous questionnaire). I thought about it, talked about it and went to bed undecided. I woke up at 7.30am and thought "are you fucking mental?" I hate having my photograph taken and am boringly and unattractively self-conscious about my appearance so I honestly don't know why I thought that 5 weeks in front of TV cameras would be a breeze. So I sent them an apologetic email this morning, thanking them for the brief ego-boost and explaining to them that I'm really more of a face for radio. I'm disappointed and relieved all at once. Again.