...Beirut, initially because I promised Kiki that I would but then because I became obsessive about it like I do all music that I fall in love with. Gulag Orkestar sounds a little like how you'd imagine the Pale would sound if they'd kidnapped the boys from Tindersticks and the singer from BellX1 and run away to join a Russian circus. This is a good thing.
Besides, I needed to find something to wean myself off LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver (Get Innocuous on the ads for Grand Theft Auto IV kicked my musical OCD into overdrive). At least they're respectable albums this time though; when The Chancer posted that Enya/Prodigy mashup there a while back, I binged on Watermark for several days.
Besides, I needed to find something to wean myself off LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver (Get Innocuous on the ads for Grand Theft Auto IV kicked my musical OCD into overdrive). At least they're respectable albums this time though; when The Chancer posted that Enya/Prodigy mashup there a while back, I binged on Watermark for several days.