Thursday, August 07, 2008

When Solitaire's The Only Game In Town

Noody Nady
Originally conceived as Naked Tuesday, the muggy weather these past few weeks has encouraged me to abandon trous as soon as I fall in the door from work each evening. In the hallway. Although I find it quite liberating, I still give myself the occasional fright when I pass a mirror. I have never been comfortable in my skin but for the past few weeks I've been practicing hard, making every effort to subscribe to Jack's Nice Dream.

Rhubarb Roulette
Mother is the necessity of invention - we had a bumper crop of 'barb back on the ranch this summer and I am doing my level best to get through it. This game of chance involves finding out how much stewed rhubarb you can eat before you get the runs, and I can now conclude that it is unfortunately not as much as one would think.

Pillage & Spillage
Where I raid may flatmates cupboards because they have heartlessly abandoned me, and also because I have been too lazy and/or absent to shop. I then cook with such gusto and Gordon Ramsey-fuelled abandon that the kitchen looks like the aftermath of [something apocalyptic] as painted by Jackson Pollock. I do not clean up. I shrug, wipe the soot from my chin and the tears from my eyes and sit down to enjoy a beautifully presented meal at a table set for one; crockery, cutlery, coaster and all.

See? I'm not an animal.