It seems that vaginae are somewhat of a handicap when it comes to parallel parking. News to me! I can only assume that I am fortunate to have one that neither obscures my peripheral vision nor adversely affects my spatial awareness.
I am pretty sure (or at least wholly optimistic) that there was never any sexist intent behind Whoops' post, but that does not excuse its publication or her defence of it. Bar one, all of the comments on the post are glowing - people exhibiting a genuine gratitude for what are undoubtedly clear and useful instructions on how to perform a complex manoeuvre.
Unthinking and casual sexism makes me very mad. That unthinking and casual sexism is politely ignored or worse, simply not noticed, makes me even madder.
I am pretty sure (or at least wholly optimistic) that there was never any sexist intent behind Whoops' post, but that does not excuse its publication or her defence of it. Bar one, all of the comments on the post are glowing - people exhibiting a genuine gratitude for what are undoubtedly clear and useful instructions on how to perform a complex manoeuvre.
Unthinking and casual sexism makes me very mad. That unthinking and casual sexism is politely ignored or worse, simply not noticed, makes me even madder.