Back to the scene of the crime: That Post.
How do we feel about it now, 177 days later? I ask because I have just been asked by Niall Kitson on behalf of PC Live (I assumed he'd want to know which version of Firefox I use, or if I'd ever heard of Linux, but no, he wants to know about the troubles I've seen and why I felt compelled to pose naked in a bath of milk and publish the results on the web). He diplomatically enquired about the bit of a row I got myself into, and how I feel about it since.
Did you feel vindicated at the end of the debate?
I dunno. So I google 'vindicated' to make sure that it means what I think it means. I then google 'vilified' because I think that might be closer to my truth. Semantics matter to me (and before I publish this, I will have googled 'semantics'). I know that by the time I left for Bilbao a week later, I was glad to be getting the hell out of Dodge. I know that when I logged on to check my mails from a café in Donostia, my hangover goading my curiosity into submission, I regretted it instantly. I read FlirtySomething's riposte through splayed and shaky fingers, then penned an apologetic email. Then deleted it. Then penned an apologetic post. Then deleted that too. I remember that the post included a stock photo of a gerbil holding up a bunch of tiny flowers - it seemed to say all that I thought I should. Imagine! In my defence, I was really hungover.
So did you feel vindicated? Didya, punk?
I don't know that I did. Because I don't know that it made any difference.
How do we feel about it now, 177 days later? I ask because I have just been asked by Niall Kitson on behalf of PC Live (I assumed he'd want to know which version of Firefox I use, or if I'd ever heard of Linux, but no, he wants to know about the troubles I've seen and why I felt compelled to pose naked in a bath of milk and publish the results on the web). He diplomatically enquired about the bit of a row I got myself into, and how I feel about it since.
Did you feel vindicated at the end of the debate?
I dunno. So I google 'vindicated' to make sure that it means what I think it means. I then google 'vilified' because I think that might be closer to my truth. Semantics matter to me (and before I publish this, I will have googled 'semantics'). I know that by the time I left for Bilbao a week later, I was glad to be getting the hell out of Dodge. I know that when I logged on to check my mails from a café in Donostia, my hangover goading my curiosity into submission, I regretted it instantly. I read FlirtySomething's riposte through splayed and shaky fingers, then penned an apologetic email. Then deleted it. Then penned an apologetic post. Then deleted that too. I remember that the post included a stock photo of a gerbil holding up a bunch of tiny flowers - it seemed to say all that I thought I should. Imagine! In my defence, I was really hungover.
So did you feel vindicated? Didya, punk?
I don't know that I did. Because I don't know that it made any difference.