I have managed to hold fast against FaceBook. Why? Well, what everybody else said. My morbid curiosity would relish a rummage around the lives of the lovelies I've littered in my wake, but common sense reminds me that my life is short, too fucking short. My time would be (and is) better spent in the company of the 'cquaintances I've kept.
Twitter, though.
While FaceBook is all ugly photographs, pervy pokes and jacks wall scribbles, the twaddle on Twitter reads like other people's text messages. It's dirty. I'm afraid to sign up lest I submit to committing my every thought to the internets and eschewing real life altogether. I'm funnier on paper than in person, you see, as I suspect most who keep a blog are. I fancy myself as quite the brevitous wit and have no self control whatsoever - Twitter would allow me to fuel my illusions of an illustrious self, ruining me for real life company. And we can't have that.
Of course, I hate to be left out. So I did as I do with any shiny thing I find online - tried jamming it into my feed reader, like so many slices of buttery toast into a beleaguered VCR. It worked. I can creep voyeuristically through twits' days without befriending them at all. Follow me on Twitter! Fuck off.
Instead, I'll stalk them through the undergrowth.
Twitter, though.
While FaceBook is all ugly photographs, pervy pokes and jacks wall scribbles, the twaddle on Twitter reads like other people's text messages. It's dirty. I'm afraid to sign up lest I submit to committing my every thought to the internets and eschewing real life altogether. I'm funnier on paper than in person, you see, as I suspect most who keep a blog are. I fancy myself as quite the brevitous wit and have no self control whatsoever - Twitter would allow me to fuel my illusions of an illustrious self, ruining me for real life company. And we can't have that.
Of course, I hate to be left out. So I did as I do with any shiny thing I find online - tried jamming it into my feed reader, like so many slices of buttery toast into a beleaguered VCR. It worked. I can creep voyeuristically through twits' days without befriending them at all. Follow me on Twitter! Fuck off.
Instead, I'll stalk them through the undergrowth.