The BGF, unable to contain his excitement any longer, blurted it out. I got you an ant farm for Christmas! I fairly jiggled with excitement myself. I don't really know what ant farm is (though I doubt very much that it's what I picture in my head) but he so rarely uses exclamation marks that I reckon it must be pretty fucking exciting. I have decided not to google it, to preserve the element of surprise.
He got sea monkeys for my sister (though he called them something else that I can't remember, spell or pronounce) and I looked them up - they certainly don't look anything like I had imagined. Rather disappointing. I don't know what he's gotten for my brother (last year it was a volcano) but I'm gunning for something furred.
He had mentioned something about posting the second part of my present, cause for even greater excitement. I love getting things in the post. Was I getting an ant farm and a surprise? Yes and no. It turns out they post the live ants to you. Mam's going to be chuffed. What do they eat? we wondered. Lettuce, hopefully. Each other, more likely. And people (if those ants in my Choose Your Own Adventure books were anything to go by). Then he mentioned the note of caution on the website he'd ordered from. Do not order ants from different colonies for your ant farm as they may go to war.
Let the games begin.
I found the photo above on Found Shit, aptly enough. I also found this shit there.
My Day = Made.
