My brother bought a solid wood bedroom suite for a song, which seemed a far more reasonable sum than the €285000 he'll need to buy a house to put it in. "I'll mind it for you in my new flat!" I said, conveniently overlooking the fact that I don't have a new flat yet and that if I did, the suite would fill it. Flats for two don't seem to fit much more than flatpack. "Are you buying a television?" I asked, thinking that this homemaking lark of his could work in my favour.
It turned out that his colleague was trying to offload one before she emigrated to Australia - a free telly and two goldfish. "Do you want two goldfish?" The Jaffa Cake asks the most ridiculous rhetorical questions sometimes. I want a goldfish and a hamster and a kitty and a doggy and some ducks and maybe a wrabbit. "Well she's emigrating, so they'd be homeless" I said with a theatrical wobble of the lip that seconds later turned to tears when I realised that the fish might be flushed if I didn't intervene. Kinda like the time I found Lila in a car park. He laughed at me. We might end up homeless ourselves, but I'm fucked if those fish will.
It turned out that his colleague was trying to offload one before she emigrated to Australia - a free telly and two goldfish. "Do you want two goldfish?" The Jaffa Cake asks the most ridiculous rhetorical questions sometimes. I want a goldfish and a hamster and a kitty and a doggy and some ducks and maybe a wrabbit. "Well she's emigrating, so they'd be homeless" I said with a theatrical wobble of the lip that seconds later turned to tears when I realised that the fish might be flushed if I didn't intervene. Kinda like the time I found Lila in a car park. He laughed at me. We might end up homeless ourselves, but I'm fucked if those fish will.