To be dumped on your arse by someone you're not even seeing and you haven't told anyone about is an awful feeling. You've no legitimate cause to be upset and can't go looking for sympathy and ice cream because there was no relationship. But when something's been a pipe dream for a long time (for both parties - I haven't been subpoenaed for stalking or anything) losing it still leaves you gutted, and pretty fuckin' pissed off. I like the way Michael Davitt put it in his poem Poker*
Nach ceait mar atáAg deireadh an lá
Tar eis grá
Na gaoithe binbeach
D'imigh sí uait
Is d'fhag sí tú
Gan phunt
Gan tuiseal ginideach
*Apologies for the lack of punctuation, I can't remember how it goes. It was translated to English by Gabriel Fitzmaurice: Isn't it cat, my friend, at the day end, after love like a wind that's venomous, she's left and gone and here I am, flat broke, without a genitive.