"It was a lot of fun to be around to hear about my own death. Of course, one day I'll actually die for realsies. It could happen in the next 5 minutes. You never know, I might walk outside and get bitten by a snake or something.
And if that did happen, none of you would ever know about it. You'd probably just assume that I'd quit blogging. It's not like my friends or family would be able to access this blog to inform you about it or anything.
Which is probably the case with most of you, right? If you died, the rest of us out here in Blogland would probably just assume that you had stopped blogging. Ever known any bloggers who were going strong, and then just suddenly stopped?"
Captain Smack poses an interesting question. Should there be some kind of buddy system? Thereby if my blog lapses into deathly silence for, oh, say, a fortnight, without any prior warning, one of you dear readers will take it upon yourselves to write me a fittingly gushing obit to inform the Blogosphere* of my sad passing?
*Bleuch. Hate wanky bloggy words like Blogosphere and Blogroll.