Sitting in the Long Hall on Saturday night, drunk on good food and good cheer but not nearly as drunk as LC (who is very old and can't hold his beer) or the New Daddy (who never says no to a free pint and as a result had been on the sauce all afternoon, in the name of television).
Me:
Who's for a drink?
The New Daddy:
Jaegerbombs!*
Me:
LC?
LC:
No thanks. I'm an adult.
(scoff)
Ten minutes later after he'd tasted mine and shown a marked reluctance to give me back the glass, I offered again. "Cover your ears" he said to the New Daddy, who obediently clamped his hands over his ears like an overgrown and bearded child. "I would really like one..." he continued, "but if I do then... [censored]" "Aaaargh!" shouted the New Daddy "I can still hear you!" I, meanwhile, blushed to my toes and the three gents standing behind LC broke their shite laughing. He laughed too. "To be honest" he admitted "at this point it's about 50/50 anyway. I'm hammered."
Me:
Who's for a drink?
The New Daddy:
Jaegerbombs!*
Me:
LC?
LC:
No thanks. I'm an adult.
(scoff)
Ten minutes later after he'd tasted mine and shown a marked reluctance to give me back the glass, I offered again. "Cover your ears" he said to the New Daddy, who obediently clamped his hands over his ears like an overgrown and bearded child. "I would really like one..." he continued, "but if I do then... [censored]" "Aaaargh!" shouted the New Daddy "I can still hear you!" I, meanwhile, blushed to my toes and the three gents standing behind LC broke their shite laughing. He laughed too. "To be honest" he admitted "at this point it's about 50/50 anyway. I'm hammered."
*I handle it a little better than a certain other kitty.