Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Spanish Exposition Art Competition!

Well, things got a little serious around here yesterday didn't they? What with me whingeing about my poxy ovaries and everyone getting their knickers in a knot over young Lorcan, the tiger cub the nation would most like to cuff around the ears. So I shall keep it fluffy today. I've hefted myself from my sickbed and made it to work this morning, so I'm full of goodish cheer. Still full of snot, mind you, but with less of the crushing pain across my sinuses that I've had for the past few days.

Anyway, I have a birthday coming up in a month or so. I shall be turning 27 and I am not one bit happy about it, but that's for another day. To celebrate my impending almost-middle age I've decided to go ahead and do something I've wanted to do for years - get a tattoo. Something discreet and tasteful; I'm going to get a floral design on my right foot. Exactly what design though? This is where you, gentle readers, come in. I'm looking for ideas. Each flower has a symbolic meaning so I need to take that into consideration (daffodils, for example, are said to signify deceitfulness, so that would not be good). So get your crayons out, your thinking caps on, your googlemachines fired up etc. and email your suggestions to me tout suite.