Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tús Maith

I got absolutely fucking drowned on my way in to work this morning and had to spend half an hour in a compromising position in the bathrooms, trying to dry my skirt under the hand dryer. I say trying because after half an hour it's still not dry; it's a warm and unpleasant shade of damp. I got lashed by the rain, thumped in the back of the head with a brolly by some dozy budgie who wasn't watching where she was going, splashed by a car and sprayed with mucky water by a passing cyclist (the indignity of it!). I'm still coughing like a consumptive and have managed to pass my pneumonia on to no less than four of my friends and colleagues (enjoy your duvet days and thank me later, guys...). I'd leave to go home and go back to bed myself but for the rain. Instead I'm sitting here eyeing up the radiator, wondering if anyone would notice if I hung my skirt over it to dry.