Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I Heart London

Highlights:
  • Seeing the dinosaurs in the Natural History Museum. While I will concede that the London museum is bigger and better has more educational stuff than our Dead Zoo in Dublin, ours has far more stuffed animals. I like stuffed things.
  • Meeting Davey and his bandaged finger. He'd want to mind where he sticks them in future. He's funny, cute, a DJ and has a beard. I think it might be love.
  • Going for a walk in the park in Acton and seeing squirrels, a black swan, a woodpecker and parrots. Wild ones, in the trees. In London, in winter.
  • Drinking in Camden and thinking I'm much cooler than I really am. Realising that I'm cooler than I was, at least, as am drinking in Camden.
  • Getting found again after getting lost on the tube and being pathetically grateful for it. Drinking in the city is fun. Commuting back to outer space is not.
  • Curling up on the couch in front of the ridiculously large television and drinking the many cups of tea made for me by my gracious, charming and generous host.
  • Laughing at LC (my gracious, charming and generous host) when a be-dreadlocked man-lady at the bar takes umbrage to him staring at his/her arse and gives him lip as he-she struts his (admittedly fine) arse back up the stairs.
  • Waking up on a cold Tuesday morning in February with nothing to do for the day other than snuggle back down under the blankets again to see what I could find there.