I'm delighted to see I've been longlisted for the mostest funniest post category in the Irish blog awards. I'm also somewhat perplexed. Granted, the one about burying a dead pet in a tampon box in my front garden has an element of comedic shadenfreude to it. It wasn't funny at the time, but I can laugh about it now. Kind of. But this one about shopping? That's about as funny as an RTÉ sitcom.
Redbeast got my vote for The Furniture Boy, which is one of the funniest things I've read all year and deserves a big fat prize. OneFor might've gotten my vote for his one about Dublin's disaffected youth's alarming penchant for ugly effete haircuts and pastel coloured clothing but I couldn't find it - presumably it was lost when he moved over to wordpress. I'm planning on making my way through the mostest funniest list next time I have an hour or two to spare and I'm hoping it'll throw up some gems and restore my faith in the Awards. I suspect some people may have been nominating themselves or bribing their mothers to do it for them, you see... Round 1 of the judging has left me disappointed, I have to admit; I found little to inspire me in the 20 something blogs I had to read. I trust that the eventual winners will be nothing short of stellar talents but some of the ones I ploughed through would seem to support John Waters' well thought out and wonderfully articulated reservations about the blogosphere. There's an awful lot of drivel out there.
You folk in the sidebar rock though. Obviously.
Redbeast got my vote for The Furniture Boy, which is one of the funniest things I've read all year and deserves a big fat prize. OneFor might've gotten my vote for his one about Dublin's disaffected youth's alarming penchant for ugly effete haircuts and pastel coloured clothing but I couldn't find it - presumably it was lost when he moved over to wordpress. I'm planning on making my way through the mostest funniest list next time I have an hour or two to spare and I'm hoping it'll throw up some gems and restore my faith in the Awards. I suspect some people may have been nominating themselves or bribing their mothers to do it for them, you see... Round 1 of the judging has left me disappointed, I have to admit; I found little to inspire me in the 20 something blogs I had to read. I trust that the eventual winners will be nothing short of stellar talents but some of the ones I ploughed through would seem to support John Waters' well thought out and wonderfully articulated reservations about the blogosphere. There's an awful lot of drivel out there.
You folk in the sidebar rock though. Obviously.