Monday, February 25, 2008

Later That Night...

Brimming with self-confidence and vodka after meeting Conor and Alan, I threw caution to the wind and chatted up a guy I've fancied for ages. I'd never met him before, but I pass him most every day on my walk in to work. I was out for a cigarette and ended up standing beside him; he looked approachable (as well as edible) and his nearby friends looked pleasantly geekish rather than intimidatingly cool so I thought fuck it, what harm?

I was locked.

Turns out he's really nice. I chatted away to him for a bit (I had to, after my opening line about how I see him every morning on my way to work I needed to recover some ground so that he wouldn't think I was a total freak) and he chatted away back, asking me my name and about my job. Then the bouncer lumbered over to ask us to move inside. I obediently turned on my heel and marched down the stairs, not thinking to say goodbye or ask him for his number and once inside I was distracted by - who knows, something shiny? - and forgot about him til this morning, on my way in to work.

When I didn't see him.

*huff*