I had a hot date on Saturday night with two very handsome and affable gents, Conor of Conortje fame and Alan of Alan Says. It was to be a busy night; I had dates also with the NCAD nerds, SWF, the Jock and the wonderful Mr Scruff. I dragged my somewhat reluctant brother along with me to meet the two lads in Hogans ("which rhymes with Grogans!" Conor sang down the phone excitedly) and again tried to explain to him why I was voluntarily going for a pint with these two people that I'd never laid eyes on. He's interesting, my brother, in that he's one of the more articulate and verbally creative people I know but he doesn't like to read. Not newspapers, not cereal boxes, not books, not blogs. Certainly not his sister's blog. The whole concept of blogging is alien to him and it was an interesting exercise in dork PR to try to explain it to him - why I do it, how I do it, who else's I read and why, how I found them, how my readers found me, the nuts-and-bolts of the blogosphere (still hate that word). More interesting still was myself, Alan and Conor trying to explain the logic and sheer guilty pleasure of reverse-cyber-stalking via stat reports. Without making ourselves sound like ego-inflated creeps. I'm not sure that we quite pulled it off.
After a few easy drinks in Hogans we headed over to the Dragon where you could eat your dinner off the floor, judging by the smell of bleach in the bar. I hadn't been there in a long time, when it changed from Sosume to the Dragon I didn't find it as girl-friendly, although there were a few ladies prowling there on Saturday night. From there I dragged them to Solas with me; already running an hour and a half late, I was two hours late for SWF and the Jock by the time I managed to get served at the bar (though Alan and I had white russians, and they came with flakes). The gents headed off shortly afterwards to try their luck in the George (updates, boys?) and I got stuck in to the remainder of the evening after kisses and threats to come visit them both.
They'll be sorry.
After a few easy drinks in Hogans we headed over to the Dragon where you could eat your dinner off the floor, judging by the smell of bleach in the bar. I hadn't been there in a long time, when it changed from Sosume to the Dragon I didn't find it as girl-friendly, although there were a few ladies prowling there on Saturday night. From there I dragged them to Solas with me; already running an hour and a half late, I was two hours late for SWF and the Jock by the time I managed to get served at the bar (though Alan and I had white russians, and they came with flakes). The gents headed off shortly afterwards to try their luck in the George (updates, boys?) and I got stuck in to the remainder of the evening after kisses and threats to come visit them both.
They'll be sorry.