Friday, February 29, 2008

Swings And Roundabouts

Today was officially Work-Life Balance Day, so I've spent the day consciously making an effort to strike a balance between being the productive member of society that my employers think (or just wish) me to be and the feckless wastrel that I am at heart. Because that's what it's about, right?

So today I:
  • Went to work early.
  • Took a half hour tea break and had a custard danish and hot chocolate.
  • Worked diligently until 12.30.
  • Fucked off home at 12.31.
  • Stopped off on the way home Detoured to do some unnecessary underwear shopping.
  • Did a bit of study in anticipation of tomorrow's seminar.
  • Got bored with that, so took a nap and then a shower. And then another little nap.
  • Did a bit more study.
  • Got bored with that, started writing stupid and unfunny blog posts.
  • Resigned myself to staying home sober and alone on a Friday night (because I have school in the morning).
Not a raging success, then.