Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Food For The Soul

I had a shite day today; I spent a large portion of it wiping snots from my nose and mascara from my cheeks. I've had a shite few days, really, so I decided a bit of retail therapy would be just the ticket this evening. What cheerier present to buy for oneself than a ticket for Thom Yorke and friends? (I went looking for Leonard Cohen ones, but they're not on sale until Friday).

I also got myself one for Oxegen. I know, I know... The worst festival the world has ever seen, etc. Well, I missed it last year but I've been every other year and I've always had an absolute fucking ball. My folks live within walking distance and are very obliging when it comes to getting the hell out of dodge and giving me the run of the place for the weekend, so my siblings and I usually set up a festival base-camp and indulge our friends in champagne breakfasts, cocktail lunches, unlimited jacks roll, hot showers, comfortable beds, big dirty fry-ups and dry clothing. Sure, the punters out there are little cunts for the most part. I'm not there to see them, though - this year I'll be there to see Rage Against The Machine, Aphex Twin, The Verve, Interpol, REM, Editors, The Prodigy, Counting Crows, Seasick Steve, The Charlatans, Justice, Ian Brown, Róisín Murphy, Band of Horses and Alabama 3.

Bring it on.