Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stupid MEME

Fucking Terence broke my record of no MEMEs on the blog and tagged me with one the other day. I'm the girl who can't say no, so I'll humour him on the condition that he (a) doesn't do it again and (b) removes the word verification from his blog as promised because it drives me mental. Oh, and maybe (c) too - that he buys me a pint should I ever happen to be in Cavan again.

So... The rules. Link to the idiot that tagged you (see above). Post 7 random facts about yourself and then lumber 7 other poor shites with the same MEME by naming them and leaving a comment on each of their blogs. I won't be doing that because I don't want to nominate some grumpyhole who'll verbally abuse me like I did poor Terence. A new game though - I'd like you, dear readers, to add to my list of 7 by posting in the comments any other random facts about me that you know to be true (should you be fortunate enough to know me in the flesh) or that you suspect to be true, if all you have to go on is the blog. The most accurate will win a prize (yet to be decided but it will be an actual prize, I promise you).
  1. The first CD I ever bought was The Spin Doctors' Pocket Full Of Kryptonite, which I bought in a little record shop in Chester. I still love it. The first album I ever bought with my own money was Nirvana's In Utero, on tape. A bit of a departure for me - I was mainly into Neil Diamond at the time.
  2. When I was 25 I had a fling with a man 9 years older than me, and then another with a man who was 7 years younger. I regretted both but for very different reasons.
  3. I vomit instantly if I drink shots, though in my teens I was very very good at it.
  4. I write a sex column.
  5. My first kiss was with my first boyfriend, and wasn't until I was 15 years old. We ended up together for 2 1/2 years, and I think that first kiss lasted for about 2 1/2 days.
  6. I suspect I have dyscalculia (numerical dyslexia). Apparently that's just Irish for "shit at maths".
  7. The first concert I ever went to was Chris de Burgh. On the same night, my brother had his very first Big Mac (as compensation for being too young to go to the gig). Only one of those love affairs has stood the test of time.
So, is there anything else you think I might like the world to know about me?