Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chesty La Rue

Dedicated to dedicated self-medicator Billy, who dedicated a post to me this week (which made me feel flattered, even if it had fuck-all to do with me at all. Yes, folks, it's that easy).

Last night as I lay dreaming, my spirit lover stood looking down at me. He cupped my chin in his hand and raised my face to look at him. "You" he breathed "inspire carpets". Later on that same dream, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, brushing my teeth when I felt one come loose and promptly puked the rest of them into the sink.

"You should get your dreams analyzed" said the New Daddy, helpfully, sending on a link to a website that would do just that. So I had a browse, and it told me that the compliment (I think it was a compliment, and the site had nothing about carpets) means that I... *deep breath* desire romance (!) but I may have uttered some false or foul words and those words are coming back to haunt me (could be anything, really). Dreaming that I am brushing my teeth also signifies my level of confidence (which depends on the hour, and the breakfast), my struggles (minor, at most) and my aggressiveness (which also depends on the hour, and the breakfast). Apparently I need to look out for myself and my own interest and most of all, I need to quit feeling sorry for myself.

Dream analysis, like astrology, is a load of wank.

So this afternoon on my way home from work I stopped off to see my friend the Pharmacist for something to guarantee a good night's sleep clear my awful chesty cough. "Have you ever taken Exputex before?" the new and nosy lady asked. I suppressed a guilty grin (it happens to be the base ingredient in my not-yet-patented cold remedy) and managed a sickly nod. "When did the cough start?" oh... eh... *cough* (apologetic look and some more unconvincing muttering about it keeping me awake last night). "Well, just take three spoonfuls three times daily for the first two days - " At this point I had my hands out in supplication. Just give me the fucking bottle, lady.

We're tucked up in bed now, Exputex and I. And we're going to sleep well.