To safeguard against recession induced poverty, I have taken on some translation work. It means that after a long day in the office, tearing someone else's translation work to shreds and painstakingly stitching it back together again until it resembles legible text, I get to spend a long evening at my laptop, poking another ream of corporate bumf with a disappointed finger. Drinking Earl Grey, listening to the hiss of the iron as the Swede presses his socks.
I am desperately bored.
I have installed Gmail's Take A Break feature, which allows me to disable access to my mail and chat features for fifteen minutes at a time. To get some work done, should I feel like it. I don't. Go out a walk (sic) get some real work done or have a snack. We'll be back in a minute! it tells me. I sip my tepid tea. Check my blog's statcounter for the bazillionth time today, looking for... I don't know what. Nothing I see there will make this futile enterprise any more valid.
Gmail Take A Break embodies the value of silence, raves one reviewer. But it is in quiet moments like these that I am forced to assess my self worth, and right now I value the silence less for it.
I am desperately bored.
I have installed Gmail's Take A Break feature, which allows me to disable access to my mail and chat features for fifteen minutes at a time. To get some work done, should I feel like it. I don't. Go out a walk (sic) get some real work done or have a snack. We'll be back in a minute! it tells me. I sip my tepid tea. Check my blog's statcounter for the bazillionth time today, looking for... I don't know what. Nothing I see there will make this futile enterprise any more valid.
Gmail Take A Break embodies the value of silence, raves one reviewer. But it is in quiet moments like these that I am forced to assess my self worth, and right now I value the silence less for it.