I haven't been in to see Crash Grandadicoot in almost three weeks. It started when I had a bad cold for the best part of a week and a half - I didn't want to bring it in to the hospital with me. But the cold cleared up, and eventually the cough cleared up, and still I haven't gone in to visit. I could list all the other excuses I've given (to myself, nobody else asks for them) but it would be pointless; all it boils down to is that I haven't been in to see Crash Grandadicoot in almost three weeks.
I've spoken to him on the phone twice, having called Nana's mobile while she's in the hospital with him. His voice is quiet and hard to make out, his conversation both times was limited to short phrases and easy smalltalk. Enough to let me know that he was listening and trying to follow what I was saying, not quite enough for me to be convinced that he could.
I've seen Nana and she's still doing an admirable job of holding her shit together. She's had some difficult conversations with both the hospital staff and her sons and daughters over the past fortnight and while things have not gotten any easier for her, there has been more of a focus on long term care which in a way gives some cold comfort. The crisis has passed and the hard part now for all of the family is learning to cope. Which I suspect is why I haven't been in to see Crash Grandadicoot in almost three weeks.
I've spoken to him on the phone twice, having called Nana's mobile while she's in the hospital with him. His voice is quiet and hard to make out, his conversation both times was limited to short phrases and easy smalltalk. Enough to let me know that he was listening and trying to follow what I was saying, not quite enough for me to be convinced that he could.
I've seen Nana and she's still doing an admirable job of holding her shit together. She's had some difficult conversations with both the hospital staff and her sons and daughters over the past fortnight and while things have not gotten any easier for her, there has been more of a focus on long term care which in a way gives some cold comfort. The crisis has passed and the hard part now for all of the family is learning to cope. Which I suspect is why I haven't been in to see Crash Grandadicoot in almost three weeks.