Monday, March 24, 2008

Sometimes It's Good To Be Home

Tramping around the racecourse this evening with the Blonde rolling ecstatically in the grass and the Urchin tugging at her leash, wearing my miniskirt, my wellies and my big coat (which GingerBeard says makes me look like Brenda Fricker in Home Alone II). Watching the sun go down over Naas and my fingers turn blue with the cold. Eating pizza on the couch with my mam and dad, watching Addams Family Values and trying to decide who I'd most like to be - Wednesday or Morticia (Morticia, definitely, she got to kiss Raul Julia). Sharing my brother's Lindt Easter bunny (Santy didn't bring us any Easter eggs this year - instead we've bought bicycles for some kids over in Kenya that my folks are going to visit. I was confused by this too). Dressing the Urchin in the chocolate bunny's ribbon and bell and laughing as the Blonde bodyslammed her into the kitchen presses in an effort to rip it off her. Having five people to cook for instead of one (unless you count Great Friday, when I cooked for everyone I've ever fucking met). Getting used to home being home again.

And having my own little corner of the city to retreat to tomorrow when it all becomes a bit too much for me.