The Chancer this morning takes an affectionate swipe at Ros na Rún and the raw sex appeal of Connemara budgies, but they've also included this link to Irish phrases to use with your child. My mind's in the gutter this morning and all I can think of when I read them is a recent request to talk dirty as Gaeilge (bizarrely, this happens more often than you would think. It takes all sorts, eh?). I defy you to read them yourself and keep a straight face...
Tá sé sin go deas - That’s nice
Is maith liom é - I like it
An maith leatsa é? - Do you like it?
Ar mhaith leat briosca? - Would you like a biscuit?
Ba mhaith - I would
Maith thú - Good for you
Maith an cailín - Good girl
Ba mhaith liom péint dhearg - I’d like red paint
Féach ar seo - Look at this
Go raibh maith agat - Thank you
Fáilte romhat - You’re welcome
Cad ta á dhéanamh agat? - What are you doing?
Táim ag súgradh - I’m playing
Níl tú ag féachaint orm - You’re not looking at me
Tá sí ag gol/caoineadh - She’s crying
Thit sé ar an urlár - It fell on the floor
An féidir leat é a fháil? - Can you get it?
Is féidir - I can...