Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Keeping Score

It's a bank holiday Tuesday after a long and sunny weekend, and I'm back in work (-1). My proffered olive branch is still being met with a cold shoulder (-1) and I can't post about it because the post ends up reading "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" no matter how reasonably I try to phrase it (-1). On another matter entirely, I sent a snotty email and was replied to in kind (-1) which is probably no more or less than either of us deserves. Ho hum.

But in other news today; I got an email from a pretend friend suggesting pints of Campari and orange juice (+1) and I got a phonecall from another pretend friend who is experimenting with being "nice" (+1) and reckoned cheering me up might be a good place to start. Buoyed by jolly conversation I ventured out to get some lunch; the lady in the shop across the road got the ridey till boy to make my sandwich (+1) and then she gave me a stack of free magazines (+1) because "we only send the covers back to them an all an annyway". As I whiled away the afternoon flicking through photographs of fat, spotty and sweaty celebrities (+1) I got an email back from Red Pepper Productions, addressing all of my concerns about the programme they've asked me to take part in and showing admirable restraint and humour in the face of my ripping the piss out of them (+1).

In conclusion: Fuck you, Karma. The margin may be tight, but I'm winning.